Believe It Or Not, Denver Is A Growing International Destinationlivxmin
Words are uttered in Chinese from one woman to a Fuller Sotheby’s International Realty’s broker in the Sotheby’s Cherry Creek Shopping Center Gallery. “Interested in mountain home,” she repeats in English. This scenario is one of many that occurs every day.
“It never ceases to amaze us just how many tourists and visitors come to our store in the Cherry Creek Shopping Center to peruse the many quality properties we display while shopping in Louis Vuitton, Burberry, and Ralph Lauren,” says Scott Webber, President, Fuller Sotheby’s International Realty. “The gallery provides our brokers a unique opportunity to connect with prospective local and international clients in a world-class setting. We knew years ago it was the ideal place to make our presence known. But most importantly, it’s another valuable, exclusive-to-Sotheby’s resource in maximizing exposure for the properties we list.”
Is it the compelling signage, prime location, or stunning photography flashing across TV screens that is leading clients to the Sotheby’s Cherry Creek Shopping Center Gallery? The Cherry Creek Shopping Center is one of the top tourist destinations in all of Colorado, and it gives shoppers a unique opportunity to experience the Sotheby’s brand, our collection of quality properties, and a nice place to take an often needed break from the stress of shopping.
The power of the Sotheby’s International Realty network of offices and brokers is vast, and spans across 45 countries and territories worldwide. With more than 13,165 brokers located in approximately 621 offices around the globe, Sotheby’s brokers collaborate on over 7,500 assignments every year. Somewhere in China there is probably a buyer talking about your neighborhood in Colorado, and Sotheby’s is the only firm who has the connections and global expertise to bring them to your front door.
Boasting more that 1.3 million visitors each month, the Cherry Creek Shopping Center is a major tourist destination of its own – a primary reason Sotheby’s decided to establish the gallery. “The Fuller Sotheby’s International Realty Shopping Center Gallery is a big hit with the local and international shoppers at the Cherry Creek Mall,” says Andrew Wasson, broker at Sotheby’s. “Not only does it draw in local shoppers but also affluent visitors from Asia, Europe, and the Middle East that are familiar with the Sotheby’s brand and its reputation for representing the finest properties in the world. The common feedback from international guests is just how affordable the local luxury real estate market is compared to their respective countries. As a result, we are seeing an increase in real estate purchases from international clients in the Denver metro area.”
Sotheby’s continues to be ahead of the market in more ways than one. Their award-winning Corporate Relocation team of brokers is consistently recognized as an industry leader. Their work is very international, including an assignment to assist an Asian relocation firm based in Singapore serving international clients moving to and from the US. The Asian firm was attracted by the Sotheby’s brand, worldwide reach, and commitment to service and excellence. “The reality is, the home-buying atmosphere of today continues to become more and more global,” says Webber. “We pay attention to these trends and it’s what makes us a leading authority on both global and local real estate.”
DID YOU KNOW?
– Colorado sees 29 million annual overnight trips, of which 13.2 million are annual overnight trips in Denver* and Cherry Creek is the 2nd most popular visitor attraction in Denver.
– Many visitors arrive via Denver International Airport (DIA), which is the 5th busiest airport in the U.S. and 11th busiest in the world.** This statistic coupled with the city’s great convention center and its proximity to the Rocky Mountains, as well as the efforts of VISIT DENVER and The Colorado Tourism Office, make Denver (and Colorado) very attractive for not only business/convention travelers, but those traveling for pleasure.
– Cherry Creek Shopping center is very centrally located in the heart of Denver just minutes from downtown Denver (and the convention center) and is the Rocky Mountain region’s premier shopping environment with over 160 shops, including 40 stores exclusive to the area such as Neiman Marcus, Tiffany & Co., Burberry, Louis Vuitton and Ralph Lauren. Other favorites include Nordstrom, Macy’s, Apple and Coach, plus popular dining hot spots like Elway’s and Kona Grill.
– The shopping center’s 160 shops and its 40 exclusive stores coupled with its centrality make it very easily accessible and a desirable shopping destination from all directions within the Denver Metro area. The shopping center draws from 360-degrees among not only local metro area residents, but regional tourists from the neighboring six-state Rocky Mountain region-as well as tourists from around the world as they make their way to downtown Denver for business and/or conventions, or as they make their way to vacation in Denver and/or Colorado’s Rocky Mountains.
– Cherry Creek Shopping Center estimates that 25% to 30% of its annual visitors are tourists, with 25% of those being international travelers.
*2011 VISIT DENVER/Longwoods Study, Longwoods International.